Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sunshine State

Well, yesterday I "officially" became a Floridian... I know that I've already been here 6 weeks or so, but I just got my license plates and car registration done! Wheeeew its expensive here : /   Times have been good so far, but definitely challenging with finding a job! I still don't have something consistent, but kinda just doing a babysitting gig here and there... God sure has been breaking me down through this time though! I've come to see so much strive for independence from God's will in my life, as well as impatience, selfish attitudes, lack of rest, and the big kicker is lack of trust! When all my plans start failing, its a quick wake-up call to the nasty attitude I can have... but thankfully I have a Father who already knew my weaknesses and is lovingly refining my heart and bringing me to a restful and peaceful mindset! It's been a tough month indeed and poor andrew has had to put up with my emotional break downs every other day! How thankful I have been for his patience with me and continual encouragement to keep seeking God through this hard time!! While the job search has not been very fruitful, the church involvement has :)  I've been attending a tuesday morning women's discipleship group every week and God's shown me how blessed I am to have a solid group of sisters that pray for me, challenge my walk, and encourage my spirit! I do miss my church family in Missouri deeply though... Its getting easier as time goes on, but I'll always have a special place kept in my heart for them!! My sunday school kids are SOOOO deeply missed... I wish I could just run up and hug them all for hours - hehe : P  Well, I'm off for some more job hunt times... I'll try to keep updating more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment