Tuesday, February 1, 2011

the weather outside is whiteful, and the snow is quite delightful

My church’s “Refresh” youth retreat went amazingly this last weekend! Not only did I really bond with the girls…especially on the 4-5 hours of driving, but I also left the resort feeling even more on fire for my Savior than when we left! The Lord very much brought me to a place of surrender through the lessons my pastor and youth pastor prepared! I was reminded… yet again, how often I try to be independent from God… try to figure things out on my own, try to deal/fix my sin, try to hide where I’m really at : /  but God is always so faithful to break down my walls and bring me to a place of humility where I’m reminded that God just wants me to get real with Him… be honest about my struggles and my sinful state… that He still loves me and doesn’t expect me to figure it out and deal with it on my own, cause He’s already paid for it ALL!! I’m always trying to be perfect and avoid making mistakes, because that’s what Christians look like… right? It’s the world and the law that puts that in our heads… God died for us when we were worth nothing, so why do we expect ourselves to suddenly have it all together now that we’ve chosen to believe in Him? We will never be perfected until we join Him in heaven, that is why we need Him every single day…we need His grace every single moment!! So my challenge to you is this – get real with God… we all need help, every single one of us! We all need a deeper relationship with the Lord! We all need prayer J Please pray for me…that I will continue to grow deeper in my walk with my Father, to never stop humbling myself to His power and His will for my life, to stay diligent at seeking Him out in my study time and my prayer time!

            Today is a winter wonderland in the land of MO’sville! Work closed down today because of all the inches… as I look out my window, all I can do is smile at God’s creation!! Everything covered in a blanket of white… and a thick blanket at that – hehe J  Its all powder, like a perfect dusting of sugar… not really sledding or snow man building snow, but perfect for rolling around in! I’ve already had an adventure this morning of walking to the store to buy a shovel so that I can attempt to dig my car out…but no such luck… I’ll be going no where till the plows come! : P  hehe  So my roommate and I enjoyed a nice big homemade brunch and some relaxing movie times! Tiz going to be a long day indeed… but a very restful & delightful one at that…
You all stay warm out there…and enjoy God’s creation with me!! J

1 comment:

  1. Amen... The clockmaker did not send this snow as wrath. Its a part of natural law's order. I have made a prayer: Lord thank you for the seasonal weather. Many stay in their house to spite the season. Dreaming of spring in front of the fireplace or with the heater on high--so as to not feel the coldness. May those that live out in this cold and those that meagerly use their fireplace and heater -- rejoice in this snowy wind and find comfort in your warmth. Amen

    ...Care to join me in a walk?

    ReplyDelete