Saturday, November 20, 2010

Be Joyful

     Much has happened since my last post! I started up my first session of school at Columbia College... its a rushed program, so they are only 8 week courses & they are only 2 courses at a time :) I chose General Psychology and English Composition I as my starters in General Education. Classes have been very interesting... my English Comp teacher is a nut, I love him! He tells the corniest jokes about every 10 seconds. "Why did the pirate go to the movies?... cause it was rated Aaarrrrhh!" : P  hehe he just kills me! And he's a believer... i feel so very blessed - we've already had so many good discussions about how to stand for your faith while being a teacher! For my Psych class, I've been thee most intrigued by this one! Its been very interesting to study the worlds ideas of psychology. Other than the biology review aspects, the parts that really grab my attention are the different psychologist views, as well as their therapy treatments and studies for our personalities and natures. Being a Christian, I believe we are born into sin and that nothing but Christ's finished work and His Holy Spirit living in us can make our lives worth living here on this earth! While the worlds views are full of theories that will improve your character and bring you "happiness", I find myself sitting through class and counting my blessings for growing up in a home that taught me about God early on! If anything, I have that much more of a desire to reach unbelievers by being a light to the world, and school has given me a perfect opportunity to reveal His Love to my classmates and teachers! Midterms were last week and I must say, I waaay over studied! Oh well, at least I know I'm doing good grade wise : P Other than starting up classes again...
     I got an amazing opportunity to go to California for a week with part of my worship team, for a Worship Leaders Conference! It was A-MA-ZA-Zing : )  The teaching was very encouraging overall and the musical worship time very much refreshed me! I feel alot more bonded with my team members now... it can be hard really getting to know people on a deeper level when you only see them twice a week or so, and that time consists of being taught and singing - so I was blessed to have a whole week of pure bonding time. Having Jen (the other female singer on the team) as a roommate, as well as 4 other girls from different churches & states was a blast! I loved hearing about how other churches operate and the different ministries available. It was overall just a great time to bond with fellow believers!! : ) Not to mention the beautiful scenery of the Marietta Hot Springs! Oh my word, the campus was breath-taking... so much so, that numerous times I told Jen I would not be flying home with them, but staying in Cali at the Calvary Bible School for two more years, so that I could stay in this particular part of God's amazing creation!!!
     Getting back to work has been good, but the business of Lake Ozark has definitely diminished now that the cold is rolling in and winter is approaching! I'm continually being challenged with my positive or negative attitude as I collect tips when the table leaves. I know that God has never failed me and He continually shows me His faithfulness, month by month, week by week, even day by day : ) but I'm thankful for this awareness of attitudes, because God is using it to challenge the renewing of my mind and being joyful amidst my negative circumstances, when people let me down, when things don't add up to what I'm wanting, and when I start allowing my thoughts to worry! God has been reminding me to trust Him, once again, in all areas of my life... and keeping Him as my number one and the biggest desire of me heart! Even though times get hard, and discouraging at times, I know that my God is good and He loves me! Matthew 6:25-26 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life,what you will eat or what you will drink,nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food,and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" :) these have been just some of the verses that have encouraged me lately!
     Now, Thanksgiving is approaching and I'm so excited to see how the Lord made it possible for me to go visit my sister, niece, and brother-in-law for the weekend! It's been forever since I've been able to wrap my arms around each of them and I'm seriously stoked for this time I'll have, even though it will be short! I hope all of you have a wonderful time this holiday weekend and that you'll be able to spend some time with your families! May the Lord bless you and bring many reminders of things to be thankful for! Until next time...

1 comment: